Monday, January 19, 2009

Remembering Old Friends

So, what does one do to prepare to plunge into the abyss? First thing I did was to go through everything I own and get rid of everything that won't fit in the car. This takes drastic prioritizing. And so we did. Down to the bone, even still might have to give up something in order to see out my back window. So, what do I miss most? That was a question in my mind, would I miss those things terribly? NO! What I miss most is Mr. Kitty. The cat went to live in San Francisco with Debra's son, Sam. And my bathrobe, yes, my bathrobe. It made me look like I lived in an asylum, Debra said, so in the interest of keeping up our campground appearance, I gave up the old bathrobe. Damnit! It's gone where old bathrobes go to die. Now I miss my old friend the tattered robe and have replaced it with a fringy wool blanket that I wrap around me. Makes me look like I live in an asylum without a bathrobe...

No comments:

Post a Comment